Sunday, January 2, 2022

My Dove

 


March 11, 2018

For so many years I have hesitated to write this because of my doubts, but today I understood what it may have meant and so I write:

Just after coming into the Catholic Church many times Jesus called me, “My dove”.  At that time I wondered what it could mean and remember that all I could think of was soap (Dove soap – now I think how silly this was!)  I had never heard this expression before.  Then today I read from an article about Sr. Mildred Neuzil (from the Contemplative Sisters of the Indwelling Trinity):

Catholic Scriptural teaching has always seen the dove as the emblem of the Holy Spirit, understood as Love personified in the inner life of the Trinity itself, and in its smallness of form, as Humility when it comes to the way in which the Spirit works in us and in the world for our sanctification.  His way is hidden, interior, gentle, quiet, meant not to be seen but to be experienced deep within the soul, like a gentle breeze, not in the roar of thunder.”  The dove is a symbol of peace and new life after purification.

Added from Luisa’s writings – Mar. 17, 2018:

Book of Heaven, Nov. 22, 1901 - “My daughter, when the soul does the will of someone else in everything, it is said that she has trust in that person, therefore she lives from someone else’s volition, and not from her own. In the same way, when the soul does my Will in everything, I say that she has faith. So, Divine Will and faith are branches produced by the same trunk; and since faith is simple, faith and Divine Will produce a third branch, that of simplicity. And here is how the soul comes to reacquire the characteristics of a dove in everything. Don’t you want, then, to be my dove?”

Book of Heaven, June 20, 1926 “…you are the tiny little dove that has gone around and around Me, and while I spoke to you about my Will, manifesting to you the knowledges about It, Its goods, Its prodigies and even Its sorrow, you beat your wings, and hurling yourself over the many seeds I placed before you, you grabbed them with your beak and, triumphant, you continued your flight around Me, waiting for more seeds of my Will which I would place before you. And, again, grabbing them with your beak, you nourished yourself and, victorious, continued your flight, manifesting the Kingdom of my Will. So, my prerogatives are yours, my Kingdom and yours are one; we have suffered together – it is right that together we enjoy our conquests.”

Update: Dec. 22, 2018

This morning during Adoration in the Chapel at SJN, I was thinking about this writing (above) that I came across yesterday in my notes and had forgotten about it.  While meditating on the “dove”, a thought came to my mind about the Ark, Noah and the dove and how this relates to us today.  Noah sent the dove out of the ark to circle the earth – our Ark today is Our Blessed Mother – we do all our acts through Her Immaculate Heart and together with the Holy Spirit go out of the Ark bringing our Acts, united with Jesus’ Acts, to all the earth.  As the dove returned to the ark with the olive branch, so we return to Him giving Him our acts of love and reparation and representing the dove returning with an olive branch, He brings us His peace.  I understood so much more, but unable to put into words.

As I was thinking to myself that I would never show this to anyone else, I proceeded to read from Vol. 12 and read:  

“ When you pass over my intimacies with you – over the display of my Love, I fell as though betrayed, because in that display of love, in those intimacies with you , I tried to attract not only you to know Me and love Me more, but also those who would read my intimacies of love, in order to receive more love also from them. …Yes, this is the weakness of all the good, who out of humility, out of fear, deny love to Me and in hiding themselves, they want to hide Me.  Instead, they should manifest my Love, to make Me loved.  So, I remain always the Jesus betrayed in love - even by the good.”

And so, I will come out from hiding and offer this and whatever else Our Lord wishes me to share.  Fiat!

 

Song of Songs 2:14

"O my dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the secret recesses of the cliff,
Let me see you,
let me hear your voice,
For your voice is sweet,
and you are lovely."

Lynne Bauer, Dec. 22, 2018

No comments:

Divine Love

Divine Love
Adore Him!

Blog Archive