Thursday, January 13, 2022

"I will make of you a great nation"

 


Sept. 27, 2016 -  Today before Mass, I don’t understand why, but I had a thought of something that was told to me several years ago about “fire” and went to my notes to look for it.  Within a couple of seconds I found what I had been thinking about (noted below from 1995).  Then at Mass this same morning, I understood that Our Lord was answering me through the Gospel and also letting me know He is listening to me (I had been thinking that He no longer listens to my prayers). The Gospel this morning was from Luke 9:51-56:  When the days drew near for him to be received up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem.  And he sent messengers ahead of him who went and entered a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him, but the people would not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, “Lord, do you want us to bid fire come down from heaven and consume them.”  And they went on to another village.

Once again I am reminded that we must beg for God’s mercy!  LB

 

(Early 1995)  A few weeks ago while praying in the Adoration Chapel, my prayer was interrupted and I heard, "I will make of you a great nation." I continued to pray ignoring this as I felt this could not possibly be from Our Lord. Why would He say this to me and what could it have meant?

Then today (3/30/95 - 7AM) while reading a meditation on the reading for today before Mass (Exodus 32:7-14), "Then I will make of you a great nation", I remembered what I had heard a few weeks ago. I then heard, "Let your heart be consumed by the heat of the fire, then I will make of you a great nation. (Doubting) Believe in my words, my little one." During the reading at Mass, I understood how urgent it is that we plead for God's mercy for those that are lost. It became very clear to me that we are not to give up on them or to lose hope, no matter what may happen. Even though the people became "depraved" and worshipped idols, when the Lord said to Moses, "Let me alone that my wrath may blaze up against them to consume them”, Moses continued to implore God's mercy. God then relented in the punishment He had threatened. We must continue to make reparation and to implore God's mercy! As the people in Moses' time only had Moses to beg for God's mercy, so today there are very few begging Him - we must beg!   This became very, very clear to me during the Mass.

 


Isaiah 60:22 The least shall become a thousand, and a little one a most strong nation: I the Lord will suddenly do this thing in its time.

No comments:

Divine Love

Divine Love
Adore Him!

Blog Archive