Friday, September 4, 2020

HIDDENESS

 

HIDDENESS

“Because Mary remained hidden during her life, she is called by the Holy Spirit and the Church, Alma Mater, Mother hidden and unknown.  So great was her humility that she desired nothing more upon earth than to remain unknown to herself and to others, and to be known only to God.”  From the writings of St. Louis Marie de Montfort

“You seek perfection to come closer to Me. You have there a practical path to reach it. The pure and recollected soul lives in Me and I in it, not confusion and pride, but in interior solitude and in the sacrifice of contempt of self.”  Jesus to Blessed Conchita de Armida

John 15:4-5   Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abide in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in me.  I am the vine: you the branches: he that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing.

“My daughter, each period of my life receives from man distinct and special acts and degrees of imitation, of love, of reparation and other things. But the period of my Eucharistic Life is all life of hiddenness, of transformation and of continuous consummation; so much so, that I can say that after my love reached the excess and was even consumed, in my infinite wisdom I could not find any other external sign to prove my love for man. And just as my Incarnation, Life and Passion on the cross receive love, praise, thanksgiving, imitation - my Sacramental Life receives from man an ecstatic love, a love of dissolving oneself in Me, a love of perfect consummation; and as the soul is consumed in my very Sacramental Life, she can say that she performs, before the Divinity, the same offices that I perform continuously before God for love of men. And this consummation will make the soul overflow into eternal life.”  Book of Heaven, July 3, 1902

Luisa: “My highest and only Good, sweet Life of mine, I compassionate your sorrow and I would like to soothe it with my love, but You know well who I am – how poor, ignorant, bad I am, and also extremely taken with my passion for hiddenness. I would love it if You could hide me so much within You, that no one might ever again believe that I existed; and You, instead, want me to speak about these things which so much grieve your most loving Heart, and which are so necessary for the Church. Oh! my Jesus, to me, speak of love, and go to other good and holy souls to speak about these things which are so useful for your Church.’

And good Jesus continued: “My daughter, I too loved hiddenness, but there is a time for everything. When the honor and the glory of the Father, as well as the good of souls, became necessary, I revealed Myself and I did my public life. So I do with souls: sometimes I keep them hidden, other times I manifest them; and you must be indifferent to everything, wanting only that which I want. Even more, I bless your heart and your mouth, and I Myself will speak in you, with my own mouth and with my own sorrow.” Book of Heaven, Dec. 25, 1910

Luisa:  “I was saying to my sweet Jesus: ‘I would like to hide myself, to the point of disappearing from everyone, and so that everyone would forget about me, as if I no longer existed on earth. How heavy it is for me having to deal with people. I feel all the necessity of a profound silence.’” And He, moving in my interior, told me: “You want to hide yourself, and I want you as candelabra that must give light; and this candelabra will be lit by the reflections of my eternal light. So, if you want to hide, you do not hide yourself, but you hide Me, my light, my word.”   Book of Heaven, Mar. 23, 1920

“Each knowledge I have given you about my Will contains a creative power; and everything is in letting these knowledges out, because the power they contain will know how to breach its way into the hearts, to submit them to its dominion. Did the same perhaps not happen in Redemption? As long as I remained with my Mama in the hidden life of Nazareth, everything was silent around Me, although this hiddenness of mine, together with the Celestial Queen, served in an admirable way to form the substance of Redemption and so that I might announce Myself as being already present in their midst. But when did Its fruits communicate themselves in the midst of the peoples? When I went out in public, made Myself known, and spoke to them with the power of my creative word. And as all that I did and said spread and keeps spreading still now in the midst of the peoples, then did the fruits of Redemption have their effects, and still do. Indeed, my daughter, if no one had known that I had come upon earth, Redemption would have been something dead and without effects for creatures. So, knowledge gave life to Its fruits.”  Book of Heaven, June 15, 1926

 “After my exile, I returned to my fatherland – symbol of my Will which, after Its long exile of centuries upon centuries, will return to Its dear fatherland, to reign in the midst of Its children. And as I went through these stages in my life, I kept forming Its Kingdom in Me, and I called It with incessant prayers, with pains and with tears, to come and reign in the midst of creatures. I returned to my fatherland and I lived hidden and unknown. Oh, how this symbolizes the sorrow of my Will which, while living in the midst of the peoples, lives unknown and hidden! And with my hiddenness, I impetrated that the Supreme Will might be known, in order to receive the homage and the glory which are due to It. There was nothing I did which did not symbolize a sorrow of my Will, the condition in which creatures put It, and the call I made in order to return Its Kingdom to It. And this is what I want your life to be: the continuous call of the Kingdom of my Will into the midst of creatures.”  Book of Heaven, January 1, 1927

 “The third step of my coming upon earth is the exile, and I had this because the Holy Magi came to visit Me, who aroused some interest in searching for Me. This search of Me made Herod fearful, and instead of joining with them to come to visit Me, he wanted to plot against my life in order to kill Me, and by necessity I was forced to go into exile. Symbol of my Divine Will: very often it seems that they arouse some interest, that they want to make It known by publishing It. But – nothing! Some are taken by fear, some are afraid to compromise themselves, some do not feel like sacrificing themselves; now with one pretext, now with another, everything ends up in words, and my Divine Will remains exiled from the midst of creatures. And just as I did not depart for Heaven, but in the exile I remained in the midst of creatures, only with my Divine Mother and with Saint Joseph who knew Me very well and I formed their paradise on earth, while for the others it was as if I did not exist; in the same way, having formed Its Life in you with all the cortege of Its knowledges, if It does not receive the effects, the purpose for which It has made Itself known, how can my Fiat depart? In fact, when We decide to do a work, a good, no one can move Us. Therefore, in spite of the exile and of Its hiddenness, just as I did – doing my public life and making Myself known after thirty years of hidden life – so will my Divine Volition not be able to remain always hidden, but will obtain Its intent of making Itself known in order to reign in the midst of creatures. Therefore, be attentive, and know how to appreciate the great gift of my Divine Will in your soul.”   Book of Heaven, October 21, 1929

 

 Lynne Bauer, JMJ   9/4/20

No comments:

Divine Love

Divine Love
Adore Him!

Blog Archive