Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Holy Eucharist (from The Book of Heaven)



Volume 1

Now, while seeing Jesus or the priest celebrating the Divine Sacrifice, Jesus would make me understand that in the Mass there is all the depth of our sacrosanct religion.  Ah! yes, the Mass tells us everything and speaks to us about everything.  The Mass reminds us of our redemption; It speaks to us, step by step, about the pains that Jesus suffered for us; It also manifests to us His immense love, for He was not content with dying on the Cross, but He wanted to continue His state of victim in the Most Holy Eucharist.  The Mass also tells us that our bodies, decayed, reduced to ashes by death, will rise again on the day of the judgment, together with Christ, to immortal and glorious life.  Jesus made me comprehend that the most consoling thing for a Christian, and the highest and most sublime mysteries of our holy religion are:  Jesus in the Sacrament and the resurrection of our bodies to glory.  These are profound mysteries, which we will comprehend only beyond the stars; but Jesus in the Sacrament makes us almost touch them with our own hands, in different ways.  First, His Resurrection; second, His state of annihilation under those species, though it is certain that Jesus is there present, alive and real.  Then, once those species are consumed, His real presence no longer exists.  And as the species are consecrated again, He comes again to assume His sacramental state.  So, Jesus in the Sacrament reminds us of the resurrection of our bodies to glory:  just as Jesus, when His sacramental state ceases resides in the womb of God, His Father, the same for us – when our lives cease, our souls go and make their dwelling in Heaven, in the womb of God, while are bodies are consumed.  So, one can say that they will no longer exist; but then, with a prodigy of the omnipotence of God, our bodies will acquire new life, and uniting with the soul, will go together to enjoy the eternal beatitude.  Can there be anything more consoling for a human heart than the fact that not only the soul, but also the body will be beatified in the eternal contentments?  It seems to me that on that day it will happen as when the sky is starry and the sun comes out.  What happens?  With its immense light, the sun absorbs the stars and makes them disappear; yet the stars exist.  The sun is God, and all the blessed souls are the stars; with His immense light, God will absorb us all within Himself, in such a way that we will exist in God and will swim in the immense sea of God.  Oh! how many things Jesus in the Sacrament tells us; but who can tell them all?  I would really be too long.  If the Lord allows it, I will reserve saying something else on other occasions



Volume 3 - May 1, 1900
“My daughter, if the Eucharist is the deposit of the future glory, the cross is the disbursement with which to purchase it.  If the Eucharist is the seed which prevents corruption – like those aromatic herbs that prevent decomposition when applied to cadavers – and gives immortality to soul and body, the cross embellishes and is so powerful that if debts have been contracted, it becomes their guarantor, and it more surely obtains the restitution of the debt’s deed.  And after it has satisfied every debt, it forms for the soul the most refulgent throne in the future glory.  Ah, yes, the cross and the Eucharist alternate, and one operates more powerfully than the other.”



Volume 4 - July 3, 1902
“My daughter, each period of my life receives from man distinct and special acts and degrees of imitation, of love, of reparation and other things.  But the period of my Eucharistic Life is all life of hiddenness, of transformation and of continuous consummation; so much so, that I can say that after my love reached the excess and was even consumed, in my infinite wisdom I could not find any other external sign to prove my love for man.  And just as my Incarnation, Life and Passion on the cross receive love, praise, thanksgiving, imitation - my Sacramental Life receives from man an ecstatic love, a love of dissolving oneself in Me, a love of perfect consummation; and as the soul is consumed in my very Sacramental Life, she can say that she performs, before the Divinity, the same offices that I perform continuously before God for love of men.  And this consummation will make the soul overflow into eternal life.”



Volume 11 - September 25, 1913
“My daughter, I had to do in such a way that sanctity might be easy and accessible to all - unless they did not want it - in all conditions, in all circumstances and in every place.  It is true that the Most Holy Eucharist is center; but who instituted It?  Who constrained my Humanity so that It might be enclosed within the little circle of a Host?  Wasn’t that my Will?  My Will will always have primacy over everything.  Further, if everything is in the Eucharist, the Priests who call Me from Heaven into their hands, and who are in contact with my Sacramental Flesh more than anyone should be the most saintly and the most good; instead, many are the worst.  Poor Me, how they treat Me in the Holy Eucharist!  And the many souls who receive Me, perhaps every day, should be many saints if the center of the Eucharist were sufficient.  Instead - and it makes one want to cry - they remain always at the same point:  vain, irascible, punctilious, etc.  Poor center of the Most Holy Eucharist, how dishonored It remains!



Volume 12 - December 26, 1919

I was thinking to myself:  ‘How can it be that doing the Will of God surpasses even the Sacraments?’  And Jesus, moving in my interior, told me:  “My daughter, why are Sacraments called Sacraments?  Because they are sacred - they have the value and the power to confer Grace and Sanctity.  However, these Sacraments operate according to the dispositions of the creatures; so much so, that sometimes they remain even fruitless, unable to confer the good which they contain.  Now, my Will is Sacred and Holy, and It contains altogether the virtue of all the Sacraments.  Not only this; It does not have to work to dispose the soul to receive the goods which my Will contains.  In fact, as soon as the soul has disposed herself to do my Will, she has already disposed herself by herself, and my Will, finding everything prepared and disposed, even at the cost of any sacrifice, communicates Itself to the soul without delay, pouring the goods It contains, and forming the heroes - the martyrs of the Divine Volition, the most unheard-of portents...  And then, what do the Sacraments do if not unite the soul with God?  And what is to do my Will?  Isn’t it perhaps to unite the will of the creature with her Creator?  It is to dissolve oneself in the Eternal Volition - the nothingness ascending to the All, and the All descending into the nothingness.  It is the most noble, the purest, the most beautiful, the most heroic act that a creature can do.

Ah, yes, I confirm it to you, I repeat it:  my Will is Sacrament, and It surpasses all the Sacraments together - but in a more admirable way; without mediation from anyone; with nothing material.  The Sacrament of my Will is formed between my Will and the will of the soul; the two wills are tied together and form the Sacrament.  My Will is Life, and the soul is already disposed to receive Life; It is Holy, and she receives sanctity; It is Strong, and she receives fortitude; and so with all the rest.



On the other hand, how much my other Sacraments have to work to dispose the souls - if they manage at all!  And how many times these channels which I left to my Church remain beaten up, despised, oppressed!  Some even use them to praise themselves, turning them against Me to offend Me.  Ah, if you knew the enormous sacrileges committed in the Sacrament of Confession, and the horrendous abuses of the Sacrament of the Eucharist, you would cry with Me for the great pain!  Ah! yes, only the Sacrament of my Will can sing glory and victory.  It is full in Its effects, and untouchable by creature’s offense.  In fact, in order to enter my Will, the creature must lay down her will, her passions; only then does my Will lower to her, investing her, identifying her with Itself, making portents out of her.  Therefore, when I speak about my Will I become festive - I never stop; my joy is full, and no bitterness enters between Me and the soul.  But for the other Sacraments, my Heart swims in the pain.  Man has turned them into founts of bitterness, while I gave them as founts of graces.”



 Volume 13 - November 26, 1921

I have been watching over each one of your Acts, and immediately I made my Volition flow, as to a place of honor.  I Myself knew how many graces were necessary, having to work the greatest miracle that exists in the world, which is that of living continuously in my Volition: the soul must assimilate everything of God in its act, so as to give it back again intact, just as the soul assimilated it, and then to assimilate it again.  Thus, it even surpasses the miracle of the Eucharist: the accidents of bread and wine possess neither reason nor will nor desires that could put themselves in opposition to my Sacramental Life.  The Host does nothing itself; the work is all my own: if I want it, then I do it.  Instead, to bring about the miracle of living in my Volition, I must bend a human will and reason, a desire, and a love that is purely free: how many things are necessary?  And so, there are many souls who go to communion and who take part in the miracle of the Eucharist; but, because they would have to sacrifice themselves more in order to bring about the miracle of my Will having life within them, there are very few who are so disposed."


Volume 14 - July 6, 1922

Listen my daughter, when I instituted the Eucharistic Supper I saw and called all to come to Me, all generations, from the first to the last man, so that I could give to all my Sacramental Life, and not just once but just as often as man needs corporal nourishment.  I desired to constitute Myself as the nourishment of their souls.  But I felt very abused when I realized that this, my Sacramental Life, was encompassed by indifference, by carelessness, and even by ruthless death. I felt all the crudeness of the death of my Sacramental Life, and so painfully, so repeatedly. But then I took a better look and, making use of the Power of my Will, I called around Me the souls that were to live in my Will, and oh, how happy I felt!  I felt as if surrounded by these souls which the Power of my Will had absorbed and the center of whose life was my Volition. I saw in them my own immensity; within them I found myself protected from all creatures, and I entrusted to them my Sacramental Life. I deposited my Sacramental Life in them not only for them to cherish, but also for them to reciprocate Me with a life of their own for each consecrated Host. This is natural for them to do because my Sacramental Life takes its life from my Eternal Will, which these souls have as the center of their lives. Therefore, when my Sacramental Life is formed within them, the same Will that Acts within Me, Acts also within them. As I feel their lives within my Sacramental Life their lives are multiplied in each HOST and I feel that they give Me in reciprocity Life for Life. Oh, how I exulted upon seeing you as the first soul whom I called in a special way to live in my Will!  I deposited in you the first of all my Sacramental Lives, and I entrusted you to the Power and Immensity of my Supreme Will so that they would render you capable of receiving this deposit.  From that moment you were present to me and I made you the depository of my sacramental Life and, in you, all those who would live in my Will.  I gave you primacy over all, and justly so, because my Will is above all, even above the Apostles and the priests. It is true they consecrate Me, but their lives do not remain conjoined with mine. What's more, they abandon Me, they forget Me, and take no care of my Presence. On the other hand, those souls who live in my Will are lives within my very Life, and, therefore, inseparable from Me. That is why I love you so; it is my own Will in you that I love."



Volume 15 - March 27, 1923
I wanted to hide Myself under these eucharistic veils and, so hidden, enter into her to form this transformation of the creature into Myself.  But in order for this transformation to take place, the dispositions were needed on the part of creatures; and my love, giving in to excess, in instituting the Sacrament of the Eucharist, released from within my Divinity more graces, gifts, favors and light for the good of man, to render him worthy to receive Me.  I could say that it released so much good as to surpass the gifts of Creation.  First, I wanted to give him the graces in order for him to receive Me, and then Myself, to give him the true fruit of my Sacramental Life.  However, in order to anticipate souls with these gifts, it takes a little emptying of themselves, hate of sin, and desire to receive Me.  These gifts do not descend into rot, into mud.  Therefore, without my gifts they do not have the true dispositions to receive Me, and in descending into them, I do not find the space to communicate my Life; I am as though dead for them, and they are dead for Me; I burn, and they do not feel my flames; I am light, and they remain more blinded.  Alas! how many sorrows in my Sacramental Life.  Many, feeling nothing good in receiving Me because of lack of dispositions, reach the point of nauseating Me; and if they continue to receive Me, it is to form my continuous Calvary and their eternal damnation.  If it is not love that pushes them to receive Me, it is one more affront that they give Me - one more sin which they add to their souls.  Therefore, pray and repair for the many abuses and sacrileges that are committed in receiving Me in the Sacrament.”



Volume  18 - November 5, 1925

"Do not allow your love to stop; run to all the Tabernacles, each Sacramental Host; and you will hear the Holy Spirit moaning with unnarratable sorrow in each Host.  When souls receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist, not only their life is given to them, but my Own Life.  Thus, the fruit of this Sacrament is to form my Life in them; and each Communion serves to make my Life grow, to develop in them in such a manner that they are able to say 'I am another Christ.'  But, oh Me, how few take advantage of it!  Indeed, how many times do I descend into hearts and find arms that wound Me; and they repeat the tragedy of my Passion to Me!  And, as they consume the Sacramental Species, instead of pressing Me to remain with them, I am constrained to go out bathed in tears, crying over my Sacramental lot; and I do not find anyone to quiet my crying and my doleful moans…  If you could break the veils of the Host that cover Me, you would find Me bathed in tears, knowing the lot that awaits Me in descending into hearts.  "Therefore, let your exchange of love be continuous for each Host to quiet my crying; you will render less sorrowful the moans of the Holy Spirit.  Do not stop; otherwise, We will not find you always together with Us in our moans and in our secret tears; We will feel a void in your exchange of love…



Volume 36 – April 21, 1938

I was always along the way of the Divine Will and, feeling worried, I said to myself:  how can it be that so many divine lives can be formed in us for as many acts that we do in It?  And my always adorable Jesus, in order to let me understand better, told me: "My daughter, everything is easy to us because when we find one who gives her human will to live in Ours, we delight to form even in the motion, in the breathing, in the step, new lives which move, breathe and speak.  The human will gives us many veils in which we form many of our lives.  This is the ultimate expression of our love, and we like it so much that, provided that the human will gives us its little veil, we populate all its acts with the variety of our divine lives.  And, then, my Eucharistic Life proves and confirms what I am telling you:  aren't, perhaps, the accidents of the Bread like small veils in which I am consecrated, alive and real in body, blood, soul and Divinity?  If there are one thousand Hosts, I form my life in each one of them.  If there's one Host only, I form one life.



But what does the Hosts give to me?  Nothing.  Not one 'I love you'- not a breath, not a heartbeat; not a single step to accompany.  I am lonely and many times this loneliness oppresses me - embitters me - and I burst into tears.  How heavy it is for me not having one to whom I can say a word.  I am in the nightmare of a deep silence.  What can the Host give to me?  The hiding place in which to hide myself.  The tiny little prison to make me, I would almost say... to make me unhappy.  But since it is my Will that wants me to remain in each Sacramental Host - and my Will never brings unhappiness, either to Us or to the creatures who live in It - It makes flow in my Sacramental Life our celestial joys, which are inseparable from us.  This, from our side, but the Host never gives me anything.  It doesn't defend me, it doesn't love me.  Now, if I form my lives in the Hosts that give Me nothing, how much more would I form them those who live in my Will. 


The difference between my Sacramental lives and the many lives I form in one who lives in my Will is incalculable.  It is greater than the difference between Heaven and earth.  It is, primarily, that we are never alone, and having company is the greatest joy that delights both the divine and the human life.  Now you must know that, as I form my Life in the thought of the creature who lives in my Will, I feel the company of the human intelligence, which courts me and loves me.  It comprehends me, placing its memory, intellect and will in my power.  Since these three powers were created in our image, I feel our eternal memory - which forgets nothing - given to us for company.  I feel the company of my Wisdom, which understands me and also the company of the human will fused with Mine - loving me with my eternal love.  How could I not multiply, for each of her thoughts, as many of our lives.  When we find her understanding and loving us more, we can say that we find our reward, since the more lives we form, the more we let ourselves be understood.  We redouble our love and she loves us more.  If we form our life in her word, we find company in her word, and since our Fiat is her own, we also find all the prodigies it operated when our Fiat was pronounced.  If we form our life in her breath we find her breath, which breathes together with ours and keeps company with our omnipotent breath which, in creating her, gave her life.  If we form our life in her motion, oh!, we find her hands that hug us, squeeze us tightly and don't want to leave us, ever again.  If we form it in her steps, they follow us everywhere. 


"What does Jesus Christ do in the Eucharist? It is God who, as our Savior, offers himself each day for us to his Father's justice. If you are in difficulties and sorrows, he will comfort and relieve you. If you are sick, he will either cure you or give you strength to suffer so as to merit Heaven. If the devil, the world, and the flesh are making war upon you, he will give you the weapons with which to fight, to resist, and to win victory. If you are poor, he will enrich you with all sorts of riches for time and eternity. Let us open the door of his sacred and adorable Heart, and be wrapped about for an instant by the flames of his love, and we shall see what a God who loves us can do.
O my God, who shall be able to comprehend?"
— St. John Vianney



No comments:

Divine Love

Divine Love
Adore Him!

Blog Archive