Friday, July 24, 2020

Growing in Wisdom


"And Jesus advanced in wisdom, and age, and grace with God and men."
[
Luke 2:52]

Sept. 14, 1921 –
“My daughter, each time the soul does her acts in my Will, she grows more and more before Me in wisdom, in goodness, power and beauty. In fact, as she keeps repeating her acts in my Will, she takes as many bites of wisdom, of goodness, etc.; and the soul grows from that food with which she feeds herself. This is why in the Holy Gospel it is written of Me that I grew in wisdom before God and before men. As God, I could neither grow nor decrease; my growth was no other than my Humanity which, growing in age, came to multiply my acts in the Supreme Volition; and each additional act that I did was additional growth in the wisdom of my Celestial Father. And this growth of mine was so true, that even creatures noticed it. Each one of my acts ran in the immense sea of the Divine Will; and as I operated, I nourished Myself with this celestial food. It would take too long to tell you of the seas of wisdom, of goodness, of beauty, of power, that my Humanity swallowed in each additional act It did.

The same happens to the soul. My daughter, the sanctity in my Will grows at each instant - there is nothing that can escape growing, and that the soul cannot let flow in the infinite sea of my Will. The most indifferent things - sleep, food, work, etc. - can enter into my Will and take their place of honor in It as agents of my Will. If only the soul wants it, all things, from the greatest to the smallest, can be occasions to enter into my Will - which does not happen with the virtues. In fact, if one wants to exercise the virtues, many times the occasion is missing. If the soul wants to exercise obedience, it takes someone who commands her, and it may happen that for days and weeks there is no one to give new commands for her to obey; therefore, as much goodwill to obey as she might have, the poor obedience will remain idle. The same with patience, humility and all the other virtues; since they are virtues of this low world, other creatures are needed in order to keep them exercised. On the other hand, my Will is virtue of Heaven, and I alone am enough to keep the soul, in each instant, in continuous exercise. It is easy for Me to keep her up above, night and day, in order to keep her exercised in my Will.

No comments:

Divine Love

Divine Love
Adore Him!

Blog Archive